Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Isolator switch

On 25/08/2015 07:37, Tim Watts wrote:
On 24/08/15 21:33, ARW wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 22/08/2015 13:54, ss wrote:
I will be putting a 3-pole isolator in for a timer extractor fan.
It will be located in the bathroom do the regs stipulate if it has
to be
a switch or a fused or pull cord.

The general rule for switch gear, is that its appropriate for the
situation and circumstances in which its used. So a rocker switch
mounted high up on a wall in the corner of the room is likely to be
fine if its not going to get splashed etc.

It's not a general rule it is a reg:-)

511.1

The word is, as you said "appropriate"

Now do you fancy a challenge?

I got an email from a DIY forum http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk the
other day. The email was sent to me (OnlyMe)

It seems impossible that I should have received this email (it was spam).

If I sent you the email and the headers could you shed any light on why
I received the email? Only if you are not busy - it is not that
important.

You could send it to me if John's busy - I do that stuff too

send us both a copy ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.