Stellijer

Default VHS Camcorder seems to work but erases tape, doesn't record anything.

More information about this:

It won't PLAY tapes, either. No static, nothing. Just black.

Please help. I only got one response thus far and it wasn't enough information
to help me.

Stellijer wrote in message
A group I'm in just got a used full sized VHS camcorder.

It cosmetically looks great and seems to generally function (image in
viewfinder, tape moves as it should, seems to be working 100%) BUT when

viewing
the tape it supposedly recorded on, there's nothing on the tape. Not static

or
a black screen with an apparent tracking signal but NOTHING. It would appear

as
if the tape was erased but nothing recorded. It was a used tape and indeed

the
original signal had been wiped clean.

If I may assume for a moment that the camera WAS, indeed, in working condition
when it was shipped, what is likely wrong with it? Has anyone encountered a
problem similar to this before? Also importantly, can it be fixed reasonably
easily or should the group try to get its money back?

Please advise.