Posted to uk.d-i-y
Syd Rumpo[_2_] Syd Rumpo[_2_] is offline

Default supermarket fuel

In article ,
Syd Rumpo wrote:
I was told the windscreen one by an allegro driving colleague who
claimed it had happened to him, but the thin bodywork is something I
have personal experience of, having clipped a parked Allegro with my
Viva. I hardly felt it, and thought I'd driven over a bump or
something. I only stopped because I saw an irate man in the mirror.

You hit a parked car and didn't know it?

Yes, that's what I wrote.

How come there are so many
driving that shouldn't be allowed to even push a pram around?
But if you hit a parked car it would be with the bumper, so hardly
surprising it does more damage to un unprotected panel.

The bumper wasn't dented.

The whole of his nearside rear wing was stoved in, and the car could not
be moved. I had a small half-snooker ball sized dent. Even the copper
who did me for due care and attention was astounded.

Yes. I'm astounded by the numbers of drivers who shouldn't be driving too.

I'm sure I shouldn't have been - too much, too soon. Mind you, the
roads would be pretty empty if everyone had to achieve your high
standard. It seems unlikely it would be worth building any.

Now **** off, you sanctimonious old ****.

Cheers
--
Syd