Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:00:59 +0100
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 24/08/15 14:16, bert wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 22/08/15 10:35, Huge wrote:
On 2015-08-21, therustyone wrote:

The only time I've noticed a slightly smoother engine (though no
significant improvement in mpg) was when I accidently filled up
with premium diesel instead of standard diesel - and a lot of
that may have been wishful thinking to compensate for paying
through the nose for the "gold plated" fuel :-) I wouldn't have
minded quite so much but I'd driven past loads of garages on my
journey, holding out for the cheapest garage that I happened to
pass, and then when I found a cheap garage I went and used the
premium holster instead of the standard one. Shame they aren't
different colours (eg black versus black with yellow stripes, or
something like that).

might depend on the car's sophistication. A quality engine will
monitor pinking and adjust the timing

Diesels don't pink and have no ignition timing.

Wrong on both counts. Why am I not surprised?

No sorry Try as I might I can't find any ignition on my diesel.

Try looking inside the cylinders. Without ignition how the **** do
you think it runs at all?

Snip

Compression of the mixture?