Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On 2015-08-22, Adrian wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 01:29:30 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

An expert that I trust says that supermarket fuel isn't as good as
other fuel. He says it's all down to the additives.

It also depends on the quantity of ethanol added - particularly on older
engines.

You won't find any petrol that's less than 5% Ethanol, and - unless
clearly labelled E10 - it cannot be more.

Interesting. In the USA (from what I've seen at least) gas stations
either have "CONTAINS 10% ETHANOL" labels on the pumps (identical
ones, so I assume they're statutory standards) or a big sign bragging
about not including ethanol.