Posted to uk.d-i-y
Syd Rumpo[_2_] Syd Rumpo[_2_] is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On 24/08/2015 12:39, Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:38:33 +0100, Syd Rumpo wrote:

But the bodywork steel was only a few atoms thick and the windscreen was
the main structural member which would pop out if you jacked the car up
in the wrong place.

...when urban myths meet chinese whispers...

I was told the windscreen one by an allegro driving colleague who
claimed it had happened to him, but the thin bodywork is something I
have personal experience of, having clipped a parked Allegro with my
Viva. I hardly felt it, and thought I'd driven over a bump or
something. I only stopped because I saw an irate man in the mirror.

The whole of his nearside rear wing was stoved in, and the car could not
be moved. I had a small half-snooker ball sized dent. Even the copper
who did me for due care and attention was astounded.

Cheers
--
Syd