Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Thought on LEDs for ceiling light

On 23/08/2015 20:55, wrote:

Daylight are hideous. People tend to assume its just like daytime, its not.

I prefer cool white to the hideous yellow colour type bulbs. If you
eyesight isn't as good as it once was the cool whites tend to give a
perceived better contrast, especially when viewing the printed page

I've fitted a 300mm x 300mm cool white LED panel in my large(ish)
bathroom and I'm impressed with the even light it gives to the whole room.

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/commercial-l...anel-1477.html

I've surface mounted it on the ceiling with the supplied transformer in
the loft space directly above. The fixing is 4 screws into the ceiling
that slide into 4 keyhole fixings mounted on the back of the panel
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/584...ng_bracket.jpg

In my experience the electronics in the LED GU type down lighters get
too hot giving a short lifespan for these type of LED bulb assemblies.