Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thought on LEDs for ceiling light

On Sunday, 23 August 2015 20:51:11 UTC+1, ss wrote:
On 23/08/2015 20:28, Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:06:52 +0100, wrote:

I made the decision and ripped out the 4 x halogens in the ceiling
(Shower room), I will replace with LEDs, to make life easier I want
standard fittings, no transformers and an easy change bulb.

My current thoughts are a central ceiling light with 3 or 4 LED lamps.
Thinking to go for 5 watt each. Anyone got experience re light levels
etc with this? Warm or daylight. it will need to be bright.

Daylight are hideous. People tend to assume its just like daytime, its not.

I want either bayonet BC22 although light fittings a bit scarce.
Or screw E27, Mainly because they may be around long enough to save me
changing fittings at a later date. Any issues with E27 or BC22 I am
trying to get some uniformity throughout the house as currently I have
thin screw type/wide screw type, Gu10 / MR16 and standard bayonet.

Any thoughts on the above as this is my first move to LEDs.

What were the halogens you ripped out? If they were GU10s I would have
left the fittings& swapped the lamps for good warm white LEDs

Well it has been on my mind for the last 2 years to get rid of the
Halogens and back then when I looked they were expensive, plus I was not
happy with the wiring as a couple of them would intermittently just turn
off,

transformer overheating or holder contacts. Either way very fixable.

so I just went for it, it will be a complete rip out of the shower
room.

Anyhow my kitchen has 13 halogens so will check current prices and see
if thats a good option for that room. Lounge has 10 halogens.

NT