Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Thought on LEDs for ceiling light

I made the decision and ripped out the 4 x halogens in the ceiling
(Shower room), I will replace with LEDs, to make life easier I want
standard fittings, no transformers and an easy change bulb.

My current thoughts are a central ceiling light with 3 or 4 LED lamps.
Thinking to go for 5 watt each. Anyone got experience re light levels
etc with this? Warm or daylight. it will need to be bright.

I want either bayonet BC22 although light fittings a bit scarce.
Or screw E27, Mainly because they may be around long enough to save me
changing fittings at a later date. Any issues with E27 or BC22 I am
trying to get some uniformity throughout the house as currently I have
thin screw type/wide screw type, Gu10 / MR16 and standard bayonet.

Any thoughts on the above as this is my first move to LEDs.