Sofie

Default Toshiba CF35F40 tuner replacement

J. Bryan Wehrenberg:
Without any repair experience and the proper tools this is NOT a job you
should be doing yourself.... you could easily screw up your new Tuner part
and the television circuitry..... and then the repair bill at a shop would
be much higher.
Most of the $96 that Sears wants to charge you is for coming to your
home..... if you can buy lunch at McDonald's to have a friend to help you,
you could save a lot of money by carrying in the television to a service
shop.
Someone has to pay for the van, insurance, gas, travel time, etc...... and
that someone would be you..... TAKE it to a shop...... or pay the money
to have them come to your home..... the choice is yours, whatever works for
you.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"J. Bryan Wehrenberg" wrote in message
news:bgomta$qtkn5$1@ID- Sears will charge me a minimum of $96 to come out
and put
the new tuner in (it may be more, they haven't come out yet.)

My question is: how hard is it to replace the tuner on this unit if anyone
is familiar with this particular model or how hard is it in general to
replace the tuner? I've done a little research and there can be some

scary