Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weird thunder storm

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

From around 15:00 through to 21:00 yesterday, we had a bit of a storm.

I wish we had some rain to cool things down, it was still 28°C at 9pm, I
thought I'd seen on the weather forecast a horizontal band of rain due
to sweep up across the whole country ... the late night weather report
showed it as a vertical band the only covered the west.

What was really weird, was the noise from the thunder.

There was a combine working until 02:30 here, I know they really like to
keep going once they've started, but I doubt they'd keep going
throughout a storm?