Jason D.

Default Zenith SR3587DT Sound OK, No Picture????

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:21:36 -0700, "Sofie" wrote:

Mike:
Obviously buying a replacement board will SPOIL your flawless 100% record
with your method of troubleshooting. .... and I am quoting you......
....... "I have fixed every TV i ran into so far."

Replacing entire circuit boards is almost never a cost effective option for
the service shop business, particularly if the board costs $158..... but if
it is for your own personal repair and you like your television and there
are NO other problems, especially with the CRT performance and
emissions...... ?
... you will have to make that decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

True, I have to replace a whole board on occasion and luckily the
owner footed the cost, set was hacked by idiot "tech" or was covered
under warrenty.

Related to this topic:
I once quoted for my tv project an whole AV-20D303 chassis. GLUPS,
400! This is an power efficient chassis that should consume less than
80W on 20" this chassis is also used in AV-27D303 which only consumes
105W using RCA 27" CRT. The RCA CTC203 based 27" is about 130W or so.

Most of power losses comes from linear regulators (any) or older
SMPSes. Looks like I would have to design in an switching SMPS in
place of STR30134 regulator on an AV-20200.

Cheers,

Wizard