Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default supermarket fuel

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 21/08/2015 08:54, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Many years back, the father of my then current girl friend was adamant
that he would only use Shell, and never BP as his Rover 110 went so much
better on it. I wasn't popular when I pointed out that (at the time)
they shared a delivery fleet and the same tanker delivered both so they
were the same.

Point of the story - it's very subjective and the judgement is coloured
by preconceptions.

30+ years ago I was in digs with someone who worked at one of the
refineries in the Southampton area. His job was checking the tankers in
and out of the filling points. He stated that all the tankers in the
area, irrespective of what brand/supermarket was on the side of tank, all
filled up from the same source.

Irrelevant to what they add to it before delivering it.