Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:02:28 +0100, News
wrote:

In message , Bill Wright
writes
An expert that I trust says that supermarket fuel isn't as good as
other fuel. He says it's all down to the additives.

This argument has been going on as long as I have been buying petrol
(mid 60s), and doubtless a lot longer. Don't buy cheap brands - they're
made from the dregs at the bottom of the tanker's tank.

One of mantras that used to do the rounds that was just about dying
off in the mid sixties concerned the JET brand of petrol. One of the
earliest suppliers of cheaper fuel against the established suppliers
many users believed the story that it was cheaper because the company
obtained it from left over goverment stocks of Pool petrol from WW2.

G.Harman