Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:29:52 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
The most amusing car I saw from BMC was the Vanden Plas - 1100! The
owners of course swore it was faster, more economical, built better,
etc...

Yes, bog-standard 1100 with VdP extras like wooden dashboard and Rolls Royce
type radiator grille. Not sure whether there was thicker carpet and deeper
padding / lumbar adjustment etc on seats.

Probably different dashboard instruments - maybe circular gauges rather than
ribbon speedo with combined fuel/temp gauges in bottom corners.

You missed out the little fold down tables in the seat backs which
were probably not intended to hold a glass of ale to save downing it
quickly but did so quite nicely, or a bottle of brown.
That's what we used em for anyway when it was my mates turn to drive
us on the regular pub crawl around the county.His was actually a 1300
and he was a well off bugger compared to the rest of us 19 - 20 year
old Herberts who had Anglias ,Minis, Vivas etc. I think his Dad had
bought it for him.
It may be considered a joke car now but when rolling up in it at a
posh hostelry it was a bit of a Q car the landord and his clientele
not having time to prepare defences before we got to the bar.

G.Harman