Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT how they spend our money!

On Thursday, 20 August 2015 20:30:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 22:19:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 10:21:09 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
But, of course, the only important thing is profit.

Well, of course, absent of government interference, profit tends to
accrue to those who
work hard to deliver something that people are actually prepared to
pay
for.

The usual nonsense.

Profit actually tends to accrue to those corporations who can manage
to pay the lowest wages - by sourcing manufactures in say China, while
charging a premium on their goods not fully justified by any
additional
cost.

Which is why there's so many deaths building the football staduims in
Qatar

Yes.

and how the country can afford to buy so many prime locations in London
it
all comes from profit.

Nope, that is because you lot buy so much of the oil they export, stupid.

That's how they get the money yes, but it's no me that selling the
building I wish it was.

You can get a lot of profit from slavery too.

In fact much of the profit from slavery disappeared when what
the slaves did was done by the newly invented farm machinery.

a lot of it disapeared when we banned slavery.

Nope, the US didn't just click their heels when you lot banned slavery.

The US isn't us. please note the capitilisation used here.
Because I know they are the same letters but they don't refer the same thing.