Tom MacIntyre

Default Zenith SR3587DT Sound OK, No Picture????

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:38:18 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

the local shop I called up, said thats what they do. They told me that they
never really work down to the compnent level in zeniths, and told me i would
have to replaced the board anyway.

Quote from foley at teh shop: "Well, you can change the flyback, and I have
to warn you, you will end up replacing that whole board, Give me the zenith
part number, and I can quote you a price. blah blah blah"

This is Zenith's warranty policy, and it flies in the face of common
sense. They repair to component level for the smaller sets, forcing a
shop to do a lot of work for little or nothing, while replacing for
the larger sets, forcing the shops to work for...little or nothing,
and have a lot of money tied up for months besides, from purchasing
entire assemblies, including CRT's. I have seen Zenith's policies, and
if you are not intimately familiar...you won't understand anyway.

Mike...time to wake up.

Tom