Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Honywell CM927 - better alternative?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 23:40:06 +0100, Graham. wrote:
So is there an alternative wireless programmable thermostat with

better
reliability and functionality for about the same price?

I don't even know if my "ideal" programmable thermostat exists, but if
it does it would display the set-point and current air temp on the
"default" screen ...

The Danfoss TP7000 does that, one big, one small.

... and have only one active control in normal operation
which would be a large tactile knob, turning a rotary encoder giving
it the feel and look (other than the LCD display) of a traditional
bi-metal stat.

Up/Down buttons to bump the set point, another to set it to "all
day", and a fourth to extend the current set point by 1, 2, or 3 hrs
(IIRC).

I've got a TP7000 RF (ie no wires to the thermostat unit) and it's
predesessor (TP75 RF?). Both "just work", though I have just noticed
that the TP7000's display is lacking contrast so its 2 x AA's need
changing.

--
Cheers
Dave.