Mike

Default Zenith SR3587DT Sound OK, No Picture????

the local shop I called up, said thats what they do. They told me that they
never really work down to the compnent level in zeniths, and told me i would
have to replaced the board anyway.

Quote from foley at teh shop: "Well, you can change the flyback, and I have
to warn you, you will end up replacing that whole board, Give me the zenith
part number, and I can quote you a price. blah blah blah"

so, hes fixed this type of set many times according to him.

Ill say one thing, of course he can fix it, if its a known good tube, sure
replaceing the board is going to fix the set, think about it.

anyway, FYI: i only ran into about 8 TVs, as the other tech i work with dont
work on direct view TVs. Hes the projection tech, but im not making much
money, and the repair business is not getting much business at all, so im
thinking about quitting and opening my own PC and electronics shop.

the Zenith is mine. I got it from a friend. he said a surge hit one day, and
knocked the horiz sweep out, which i dont believe him on that part, because
it was just a bad solder on the yoke return cap.

I resolder it, and the shaping coil or pin coil, or something among that
magnitude died, causing the flyback failure.

"Sofie" wrote in message
Mike:
Obviously buying a replacement board will SPOIL your flawless 100% record
with your method of troubleshooting. .... and I am quoting you......
....... "I have fixed every TV i ran into so far."

Replacing entire circuit boards is almost never a cost effective option

for
the service shop business, particularly if the board costs $158..... but

if
it is for your own personal repair and you like your television and there
are NO other problems, especially with the CRT performance and
emissions...... ?
... you will have to make that decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped:
"Mike" wrote in different messages

"so, thats how I troubleshoot things, and I dont have a schematic, nor

feel
like ordering one for any TV I do, and it works for me every time. I have
fixed every TV i ran into so far."

I just looked up some information, Im just going to replace the whole

board.
they said it would cost 158 bucks for the board, Is this a good price?