David

Default Sony KV27XBR37 suddenly stopped working

There are literally lots of things that can cause that broad and
general of a symptom. Yes, we have seen lots of Sony sets like that
one and similar models come in being dead. Yes, there were almost
always different internal causes for the failures.

The only way to know is to take the set into a Sony experienced shop
for proper repair estimate.

David

(techtrainer) wrote in message . com...
Hi All:
Please help. My Sony Trinitron TV (model KV27XBR37) suddenly stopped
working today after 8.5 years of flawless performance. This is what
happened:
- all of a sudden lost picture, but sound was perfect
- tried switching on the VCR (trying to watch through that) but no picture
- the 'timer/stand by' light kept blinking during this time.
- I switched it off, checked all the connections, disconnected from main
power supply and then connected again. Switched it on, but got only the
sound, no picture and the 'timer/stand by' light continued blinking
- and then all of a sudden it just died, as if it was a timer to die. I
am not able to switch it on.
- I smelt a faint burning smell in the room which I could trace it back to
the TV itself, but have no idea what it could be.

Please help. I have no extended warranty left on the TV .. looking for
any help. I bought the TV in Dec 1994 from Circuit City.
Calling Sony didn't help .. they just referred me to a local repair place.

Thanks very much.
-- Bill