Mike

Default Zenith SR3587DT Sound OK, No Picture????

im not sure where these are located.

Is the pin coil on that seperate little board to the right?

It didnt arc. yet.

"David" wrote in message
FYI you can disable a shutdown circuit as a last resort for

troubleshooting
when all standard procedures with the schematic fail but NEVER the XRAY
protect, PERIOD.

There are far too many other safe ways to troubleshoot a problem that
triggers the xray protect. i.e. lowering the B+ voltage to the flyback
circuit for one.

BTW you still need to pull the shaping coil and pincushion coil on that

set
as those are very common failure items, as are electrolytic capacitors in
the smps and the little filter one on the hv driver coil, as well as high
failure of the flyback tripler causing an effective short (for 25kv)

between
the hv anode and ground, plus the tubes have been known to arc back to the
yoke and blow a hole in the glass on these from flyback failure.

David

Mike wrote in message
john, now that you told me off, and told him off,

I see that YOUR NOT a technician, and you need to kiss my ass and
bug off.

"john" wrote in message
.. .
You are totally wrong William with your thinking
a real Tech would never ever disable a shutdown circuit,
maybe a non tech Guy would as per yourself.
I have been in this buis for 36 yrs and have never
even thought of disableing one to find a fault.
Do it the right way...........

kip

Not say who is or is not, but sometimes you've got to disable a

protection
or shutdown circuit to fix a problem--even if the only result is

burning
up
something.
I'm not a tech, and I haven't had to do so very often, but sometimes

it
just
takes a "plug 'er in and see what smokes" test to get to the bottom

of
something.

William