Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi LED lamps

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 12:27:22 PM UTC, wrote:
Aldi have a range of led lamps in their current specials. What caught
my eye was a ES rated at 1050lm, staing 75W equivalent. Also a BC
850lm. Plenty of dimmer ones too. These are the first usefully bright
ones I've found. Will try them out later and report back.

£10 each, which isn't cheap though.

Andrew

I now have to report that one of the lamps has failed entirely. So
that's just 16 months of life, maybe 2 hours a day = 1000 hours. Boo.

It was fitted in an upright position in a standard lamp, socket
downwards, which I understand is the best way to keep the lamp cool.
There was plenty of clearance above too.

Have you got the receipt? May have the usual 3 year money back warranty.

Doesn't surprise me, though. My limited experience of mains LEDs say they
don't have a good life.

--
*We never really grow*up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.