Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lane in London Lane in London is offline

Default Black & Decker drill/driver mains adaptor polarity

replying to Mike Atkinson {see sig for ret, Lane in London wrote:
matkinson999 wrote:

Brilliant - thanks for such a useful reply. With the polarity the
correct way around, I do see approx. 3V. With the polarity reversed, I
actually get 0V, which I'm guessing is due to some internal protection
in the drill?
The upshot is that the supply *is* 'positive tip' (i.e. central contact
is positive), and this corresponds to the wire with a white stripe
running down it's length. This is in line with both Martin and Rusty's
posts.
My drill/driver is now charging (I hope!). Many thanks for all
Regards,
Mike

Just a brief €śfurther€ť about this issue: This has proved to be the
sole source (much after its origination) from which I have been able to
glean this pertinent accurate information. My €śStone Age€ť Black &
Decker® HP9096 Type 1 Cordless Drill/Screwdriver (a useful tool) is,
after nearly a decade of idle discharge, once again functional! Thank you
all, this is obviously an enduringly useful forum/website.