Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

No, but I don't let unattended upgrades happen nor do I leave my desktop
on 24x7.

Many upgrades require user input anyway.

Not on windows they don't, the odd one might if its a new feature you
need to agree to. Must be a TNP linux thing.

I thought some distros did work without input but I guess yours is the
odd one out.

I suppose it has to ask so it can stop all the user processing while it
does a "seamless" kernel upgrade as it can take rather a long time and
you don't want the user thinking its died, its probably quicker to
reboot but its not so nerdy.