Mike

Default Need Cross to output transistor

I have a peavy amp Mark V series from the 70s, and
each channel has 4 output transistors in the TO-20 or something like that
packedge,

its got the circle in the middle, and two leads comming out of the back, B
and E, and the case is C with 2 screw holes in it.

Well, I need a cross, its an RCA transistor, and it shorted. I cant find
that part number in MCM, or my datasheet site.

it says RCA, and under it says C8645, im guessing its 2SC8645? but nothing
comes up.

Above RCA, it has the serial, labled 67376-C

Any Ideas? I need 8, I might as well change all of them out preventing this
from happening in the near future. its very old amp, but it will blow the
roof off

one day, I turned it on, all the lights in the house dimmed, and blew the
fuse. again, and again.

And found 1 out of the 4 for B side shorted. I might as well change all 4,
and change the other 4 that are good just in case. you never know.

Anyway, I checked the rectifiers, and checked bias resistors, and other
resistors and so forth for aging, and drifting in value do to age, and found
none.

it just shorted between C and E, but I can get good readings from C to B,
and B to E, with about .465 for each, but .000 on C to E, indicates short, I
should have no reading here. or oL