Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

On 31/07/15 21:35, dennis@home wrote:
On 31/07/2015 12:52, bert wrote:

I'd like to try Linux on my old laptop which currently holds a screwed
up version of XP. How do I find and implement a source copy.

Use gentoo linux, it downloads and compiles everything to make an
install..

Dont use gentoo linux.

Dennis haspicked the most complicated and geeky distro to make you think
all Linux is like that.

I think he is probably a certified Microsoft engineer and is scared of
loosing his job.

He asked for a source copy and gentoo is by far the easiest way to get
it and compile it. You sound like you know very little about linux and I
suggest you try it before opening your mouth.