Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_8_] michael adams[_8_] is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

Course at the simplest level, user incompetence doesn't help. Like
people who use the computer as a ****ing typewriter (thinks: hmmm.
Where have I heard that before? Recently, too).

Oh dear, Timmy, Timmy, Timmy.

From your remark there I can only conclude that you've never done
any "serious" programming then ? Or as it's called "coding" nowadays
I believe.

"Serious" as meaning anything more advanced than copying
listings out of the back of "My Sinclair" magazines at least.

So you've never experiences that joy that comes with the realisation
that compilers simply don't care how many blank lines you leave.
between routines ? Between subroutines, even between imdividual
lines if you wish ? And the same goes for HTML interpreters
too. You can leave as many blank lines as you like there, as well.

Which basically makes it all easier to read and to copy and paste
routines which may have been saved so as to save re-inventing
the wheel.

And no Timmy I didn't use a typewriter for this I mainly used text editors.
Of late Oiv'e been mostly using Context. It renders different bits, keywords etc
in different colours and even does line numbers if you'd be happier with those.

HTH

michael adams

,,,