Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

In article , Robin
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

Use this one, works fine....

and its free...

http://wps.com/wps-office-personal/

Thnaks for that. But while I may be missing something (the more so as
wine has been taken) it seems to say that the Free Personal Edition
*doesn't* have VBA/Macro support. Unless of course I am
misunderstanding the meaning of the red cross and the green tick

I dunno either. But what I do know was that the missus used to receive
documents from the Unit and other places that OO and LO didn't or could
open properly however the paid for version of WPS worked and there were
no further complaints at all

I use it, the Free version, mainly for spreadsheets and the odd letter
and its fine for what I need of it....

And printing/PDFs with a watermark would be a bit of a pain.

Use cute PDF and there are others that work fine and are free...

The business edition which does have VBA/Macro support looks cheap at
GBP61.45 compared to MS Office at first blush. But ISTM even the
business edition WPS is word processor, spreadsheet and presentation
only.

Well isn't that all you need?. Use TB for the mail ..

So that looks to be equivalent to MS Office Home & Student which
can be had for c.GBP70. At times in the past for a good deal with a
.ac.uk address - such as can be had relatively cheaply by signing up to
U3A

Perhaps not everyone can do that. Anyway try it and see how you get on
its free ...
--
Tony Sayer