Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Solar power calculations, please help!

On 30/07/2015 19:33, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 30 July 2015 18:28:40 UTC+1, dennis @ home wrote:
On 30/07/2015 15:00, Chris Hogg wrote:

That's why I called them truly smart meters. The so-called smart
meters of today have very little in common with the sort of device
that could throttle back or switch on or off, your DHW or CH under
instruction from your supplier, depending on the availability of
electricity. It will be a sad day when it happens, but it's Harry's
nirvana!

Shirly a smart meter could cut your solar panels off if we have too much power.

In the future, when PV power &c is more extensive than at present, that's exactly what they'll do.
It won't be possible to add uncontrolled PV power to the public power supply forever.

However, some time to go before that situation arises.
The expensive fossil fuels will be cut back first.

The expensive fossil fuels aren't the ones that fluctuate up and down by
the second so don't need the same control as the even more expensive
solar and wind does.