Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

On 30/07/15 20:55, newshound wrote:
On 26/07/2015 20:47, Tim Watts wrote:
On 26/07/15 20:32, Chris French wrote:

I wish Netflix did do a download-and-watch - then I could watch films on
the train. The problem of DRM is well solved so I do not know why they
don't...

The BEEB have finally got "Download" working on iPlayer radio for
Android. Havn't actually checked if TV works too.

I guess one of the reasons that providers are so keen on streaming
rather than permitting saved downloads is that they can bill advertisers
per viewing that way.

In theory they still (mostly) can.

The DRM requires their app to play the cached copy, so it can still
tally viewings and report back at the next opportunity.