Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:16:46 +0100, News wrote:

Chris, everyone, thanks, as ever. We thought we had settled on Netflix
until today's Amazon announcement - son is now thinking we should switch
to Prime, because the ex Top Gear crew are his heroes. The Prime site
is even worse than Netflix! Am I understanding correctly? Pure
streaming 5.99 per month OR streaming, music, delivery etc 79 per annum?
Than is, an extra seven pounds a year for the extras? (I hope it is not
79pa PLUS 5.99pm).

When they jacked their Prime price up and added Netflix, I gave up Prime
as I didn't need the extra (since found that I can usually beat Amazon on
price elsewhere anyway)

That aside...there were a lot of mutterings in the Amazone discussion
forums about limitations of the Prime offering. I'd check that out very
carefully.