Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

On 30/07/15 15:16, News wrote:
In message , Chris French
writes

Cheapest way if you a suitable laptop/tablet/phone with HDMI output is
to hook that up and display it on the TV. though using a
Chromecast/Fire/Roku is a nicer experience.

Chris, everyone, thanks, as ever. We thought we had settled on Netflix
until today's Amazon announcement - son is now thinking we should switch
to Prime, because the ex Top Gear crew are his heroes. The Prime site
is even worse than Netflix! Am I understanding correctly? Pure
streaming 5.99 per month OR streaming, music, delivery etc 79 per annum?
Than is, an extra seven pounds a year for the extras? (I hope it is not
79pa PLUS 5.99pm).

Having signed for one of the above, are there additional charges for
specific content? Wife has just found Braveheart on Amazon, but it
seems that we pay an additional 2.49 to watch, in addition to the
subscription?

No extra charges for Netflix - unless you count subscribing to a region
switcher to get access to ALL the content worldwide.