Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

On 30/07/2015 09:05, Brian-Gaff wrote:
It has been my experience that half the problem is stuff which is started at
start up and runs just in case its needed.
Obviously one has to be careful about what one turns off but I seem to
recall some web sites from reputable sources would tell you what all the
running processes are for and which are resource eaters in some
circumstances.
Brian

I use the script on this site:

http://www.askvg.com/collection-of-r...for-windows-7/

I've used this script on Windows7 and 8. It gives a dramatic increase in
speed.
It's safe, I've been using it for about a year - ish.

Scroll down to the *Download Ready-Made Registry Script*.
It makes a dramatic difference to the speed.
It also gives you an included script to completely remove it should you
want to reverse it.
*Read all of the reviews if you are at all wary of it*

Hope this helps you.