Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 23:41:34 +0100
David Lang wrote:

On 29/07/2015 23:31, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 29/07/15 23:18, Davey wrote:
Anyone recommend a download that will clean up & improve speed?

It's called changing to a Linux OS and ditching Windows for ever.

That is the easier option than wading through the mysteries and
band-aid fixes of windows "security" software.

But I guess the OP likes Windows. So what to download?

I don't, it just comes with the machine. I have no idea what Linux
is. Possibly a character from Peanuts?

Nah, Linus wasn't part of this.

Try:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

I have both Win7 and Ubuntu on my PC. In my opinion, and I am
not a Linux "Windows is the spawn of the Devil" fanatic (I can direct
you to some of those sites, but you need asbestos underwear), Linux is
far superior to Windows, and a darn sight less liable to be hacked and
scammed by unscrupulous folks.
I only use the Win7 when I want to run the one programme that I can't
get to run on Ubuntu otherwise I would delete it to get the extra space.
If you happen to have a Humax PVR, you already have a Linux machine.

--
Davey.