Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I got a Nikon Camera...........

On Monday, 27 July 2015 13:31:54 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Always bemused by people I see on a summer holiday with a big SLR and a
flashgun attached - with the head in a bounce position - taking landscape
and beach photos. I guess they just bought an expensive setup without
knowing what to do with it.

Sometimes in bright conditions you need fill-in-flash.

I was in Jessops a couple of weeks ago and a women ~30 eastern europain by the accent asked the shop assistant for a small camera that took good pictures and wasn't expensive, she was looking at a pansonic lumix compact at the time.
The assistant said this (another model lumix)has a larger zoom range, she asked him "why would I want to zoom." :-0