Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I got a Nikon Camera...........

On Sunday, 26 July 2015 13:30:15 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

I much prefer a system that can learn what I normally do and
do that for me so that I don't have to tell it what to do all the
time, particularly with stuff like room lights and stuff like that.

There's no doubt that auto white-balance, auto-focus,
auto-exposure, and red-eye detection can be a real boon .
However presumably having too many options can create problems
of its own.

So that if you're trying to take a wedding photo say, and you've
selected the "dogs and cats" option by mistake, then how long
are you going to be standing there before you realise your
mistake ?

Could be even worse if you get a 'good' picture of the misses
and she finds out you set the camera for photographing dogs ;-)

Same if you've chosen the "smiling person" option by mistake
when you're trying to take a photo of Rover. More especially if
Rover happens to be a boxer. Although with some breeds samoyeds
maybe, you'd possibly be o.k

One day they'll be auto everything and the camera will decide what photos it takes rathe rthan the human behind it.