Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default I got a Nikon Camera...........

michael adams wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I much prefer a system that can learn what I normally do and
do that for me so that I don't have to tell it what to do all the
time, particularly with stuff like room lights and stuff like that.

There's no doubt that auto white-balance, auto-focus,
auto-exposure, and red-eye detection can be a real boon .

Yes.

However presumably having too many options can create problems of its own.

Apple does that pretty well with their iDevice cameras.

So that if you're trying to take a wedding photo say, and you've
selected the "dogs and cats" option by mistake, then how long are you
going to be standing there before you realise your mistake ?

Pretty quick I bet with all but the worst of the technoklutzes.

Same if you've chosen the "smiling person" option by mistake when you're
trying to take a photo of Rover.

Dogs do actually smile but I bet the camera doesn’t allow for that.

More especially if Rover happens to be a boxer. Although with some breeds
samoyeds maybe, you'd possibly be o.k

Not a great idea to use it for the cat.