Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default eureka moment

Sandpits can be a real pain to keep animals out of of course, but one has to
be sure the device for covering them is not itself dangerous.

as for making the right constituancy, there was, believe it or not a study
done about the correct types of sand and mixture of water, to make good
sandcastles as it was needed for a comercial project i seem to recall. the
type of sand is very important.

I just wish I could remember what I was looking for when i found it by
accident.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
First for the year:-(

New sandpit constructed for the grandchildren..... yes, I did try it out!
Why doesn't play pit sand come out of moulds cleanly like damp sea sand?

Management is insisting that it must have a cover. Cats, Foxes, falling
leaves etc. At around 2mx 1.5m not ideal for plywood offcuts.

Co-incidentally some left over tubular metal garden cloche ends match the
1.5m dimension and there are lots of 12mm o/d steel tubes more than 2m
long. I don't have tig or mig welding tackle.

The cloche design used plastic spigots secured to the end frames which
plug in to larger diameter tubing than I have.

The eureka idea is to plug the tube ends with some hot melt (glue gun)
glue, grind the ends to match the cloche end, drill a hole to take a
stainless woodscrew......:-)
--
Tim Lamb