Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

On 24/07/15 08:40, Lobster wrote:

I can't see a single advantage of TV 1, and I'd never get a model with
built-in 'smart' again (if it will be possible to avoid!)

It's impossible to avoid - and I agree with you completely.

The panel will vastly outlast the "smart" bit and whereas with a Roku or
chromestick, you can junk and replace it, the smart TV is not upgradeable.

Also you get things like: will Samsung give a crap about firmware and
app upgrades on a 3 year old box? (Took long enough for my 18 month
Samsung Note 3 to get a Lollypop update).

Roku as they only have 3 or so models and that being their only and core
business are very much more likley to support their devices long term.

Sadly, it seems to be cheaper to get a smart TV and ignore the smart bit
and buy a box anyway.