Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Oh indeed. Evidence as presented in court. Not what you might find by
Googling. ;-)

Are you admitting to having taken such steps?

Of course not. But it seems some may do.

My point being that we hope and expect that jurors won't be intimidated
by others on that jury. But some think it is the norm on an industrial
action ballot. Just the same people can be on both.

On the jury are 11 others you've never met before and are unlikely to
see again after the case is concluded. A different situation I venture
to suggest.

On all the separate jury service I've done, I've always known at least one
other juror in the pool, if only by sight. Since in London at least they
tend to get drawn from the same area(s), but used in a court a long way
off.

But to carry on with the original theme, are you saying a voter at a
'hands up' ballot is going to be intimidated by someone he knows? What
happened to the shady militants?

Just carry on ignoring the facts that intimidation has happened in the
past and probably happens in a different way now. It just devalues
everything you say.