Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

Tim Watts wrote:

I would recommend a Roku 3 for serious use.

The Chromecast is OK ish - but it tends to "drop off" - not losing the
network connection (it finishes playing the film just fine) but after
about 15-30 minutes it becomes impossible to cast a new stream to it -
it just disappears from the phone as a casting option.

I've seen other complaints about this with no real fix offered.

My Roku 3 however both can accept cast streams from Android and (better)
it has its own remote so it behaves more properly like a media box that
can be used by itself.

It also has an ethernet port as well as WIFI.

Roku 3 works well for me, though mainly for iPlayer, which it
does well over WiFi, which is just as well as it doesn't like the
ethernet connection.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK