Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.

Tim Watts wrote:

The Chromecast is OK ish - but it tends to "drop off" - not losing the
network connection (it finishes playing the film just fine) but after
about 15-30 minutes it becomes impossible to cast a new stream to it -
it just disappears from the phone as a casting option.

I've seen other complaints about this with no real fix offered.

Can't say I've noticed that, indeed I can use the tablet to wake up
chromecast which in turn switches the TV on ready to cast, but I see
they have recently introduced a special USB charger that provides
ethernet connectivity to the chromecast, that would suit me because the
chromecast doesn't use 5GHz WiFi, but it's only available in USA flavour
at the moment ...

https://store.google.com/product/_ethernet_adapter_for_chromecast