Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:56:25 +0100, michael adams wrote:

So are you saying that Rupert Murdoch's "Sky News" are lying ?

Frankly, I'd double-check the date, let alone the weather forecast.

But I snipped it because it was irrelevant, as I explained in the post
you've just replied to.

The other small problem, of course, is that it has nothing to do with
the actual question.

The actual question was whether the UK is presently in a mess comparable
to that which existed prior to Thatcher.

Correct.

And you chose to ignore it.

Here's some clues...

Three-day week. Winter of discontent. 24% inflation. Sterling
devaluation. IMF bailout.

And here's my clue. What do you think the current rate of Unemployment
would be
right now in the UK, if employers weren't being subsidised to the tune of
£ 76bn to keep people off the dole ? Jobs which in many instances
presumably wouldn't even exist ?

So much for "Labour Isn't Working".

Despite already using up £billions of oil revenue to what purpose exactly
?

Today's News

quote

Draw up 40% cuts plans, ministers told

Some government departments are told to prepare for a 40% cut in their
budgets
as Chancellor George Osborne launches his spending review.

/quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

This is what you mean, I take it, by "successful government"

Corse it is with a govt that pulls the plug on the most
inefficient govt departments that are doing sweet **** all.

Or maybe to quote from a much quoted film

"I'm All Right Jack, so that's O.K ?"

The whole country is doing ok given that the unemployment
rate is one of the lowest in europe with the majors.