Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

In article , michael adams
writes

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:24:49 +0100, michael adams wrote:

The majority of self styled working class people certainly weren't

^^^^^^^^^^^
getting fed up with unions, wild cat strikes, sympathy strikes, picket
lines, flying pickets, closed shops or any of those things.

Yeh, I think you've got it nailed there.

quote

Last Updated: Thursday, 25 January 2007, 13:06 GMT

" According to a survey of social attitudes, 57% of adults in the UK
claim to be
working class. "

/quote

So that's a clear majority of 57% considered themselves to be working class
as late as 2007

That doesn't say anything about their attitudes to the continuous
strikes in the 60s and 70s.
So how big do you think the majority was,in the 50's,60's,and 70's ?

Another question that will go unanswered, no doubt.

michael adams

I liked the interview by John Prescott of a teenager on a sink estate.
Do you think of yourself as working class he asked?
Oh no she replied, I don't work
--
bert