Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:23:30 +0100, michael adams wrote:

" According to a survey of social attitudes, 57% of adults in the UK
claim to be working class. "

Lovely, an' all.

So if that had anything at all to do with supporting unions, how come
in 2005 only 35% voted Labour, in 2010 29%, and this year 30%?

What's that got to do with anything ?

Seems they didn't take that label into the polling booth with them.

You previously agreed with me when I posted

The majority of self styled working class people certainly weren't

^^^^^^^^^^^
getting fed up with unions, wild cat strikes, sympathy strikes, picket
lines, flying pickets, closed shops or any of those things.

Yeh, I think you've got it nailed there.

To repeat "I think you've got it nailed there."

Clearly, I was a bit too subtle for you.

Only to suddenly change your mind, and attempt to move the goalposts
when you realise just how many people actually consider themselves to be
working class.

Do you have the first clue about surveys?
"Are you a. working class, b. middle class, c. upper class"

But would you call that "self-styled working class"? I wouldn't...

Oh, and btw - if such a large percentage of the population weren't fed up
of the unions etc, how come only 36% voted Labour in '79?