Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT slightly surprised

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 12:03:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
But you do realise secret ballots for any kind of industrial action
have been the law for some 30 years now?

yes and that's why I believe in secret ballots beign done the way
the are now. Because a person can be intimidted either way to raise
or not raise your hand for any vote.

Take the miners. A hard and dangerous job. But they are easily
intimidated by a few militants.

Wouldn't know myself, I've not be a miner. I remeber this and I would
certainly be intimidated by the few or one that did this.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2512469.stm

What has that got to do with intimidation at a show of hands vote?

Does this ring true to you, dave?

Does what ring true ?

Would you personally be easy to intimidate by a few when surrounded by
your pals?

That makes little sense if any sense.

How? It's been said here that on a show of hands vote, many will be
intimidated into voting yes by a few militants. Hence the need for secret
ballots. I just asked if it would apply to you. Or any others on here.

As it depends on the strenght of your pals too. Not that Hitler being
one person could intimidate anyone !

In his early days, Hitler managed to get majority support through the
strength of his oratory. Didn't need to intimidate anyone - although he
obviously did later.

--
*Middle age is when work is a lot less fun - and fun a lot more work.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.