Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT slightly surprised

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
If it was all caused by unions, what accounts for the present mess?
Running out of scapegoats?

damage was permanent. Now manufacturing and mining have moved to cheaper
places in the world.

Doesn't quite add up given that the BMW Mini and Jaguar/Land Rover are
made here and very profitable. As well as others. Given they all failed
big time under BL.

Welfare means no one will work for far east wages anymore, and that's
that.

We've had 'welfare' for getting on for 70 years.

Globalisation was inevitable, and only Luddite Lefties couldn't see it.

Right. So nothing whatsoever to do with the unions. Took some time - but
at least we got you there in the end.

--
*My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.