Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim..... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
Are you saying it wasn't made by the majority?

Strike decisions are seldom made by a majority,

You'd have to explain what you mean by a majority.

why do you think the unions are bleating about the proposals to make
it
so they do have to have closer to a majority?

Given we elect the far more important government with no such proviso,
don't you understand why?

strike ballots are yes/no choices

Really? No undecided allowed? Is the vote to be of the whole union, the
branch involved in the dispute, other branches that may get involved if a
dispute takes place?

You've just shown you no nothing about unions.

What's knowing about unions got to do with it?

voting for or against a strike IS a yes/no choice,.

the fact that some may accept the view of the majority is beside the point,
because that situation occurs in a national election.

but what's different about voting for MP is you may get a choice of one from
6. It's unreasonable in that circumstance to insist that the winner gets a
majorly of the electorate voting for them.

(we could, of course, have STP, but the electorate was asked if they wanted
that and gave it a resounding NO. It is not acceptable for the unions to
overrule that vote because its suits their individual circumstances)

tim