Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT slightly surprised

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In general, things only ever get near a vote for industrial action when
negotiations have failed.

Wrong.

The resident expert on everything pronounces. Must be true.

And the workforce are well aware of this. I've
personally never seen any vote for industrial action where the result
wasn't an overwhelming majority in favour.

Wrong.

You now claim to know what I personally have observed? Your crystal ball
is working overtime.

Can't really see any point in
going to the vote if you don't already know there is a big majority in
favour of it.

More fool you.

You would go for a vote on industrial action knowing the majority of
members would say no?
You've not got any experience of such things, have you? If you had you'd
realise what a stupid statement that was.

The more I read on here, the more I realise very few have much in the
way of actual experience in how unions work.

Well, exactly.

And you've proved it.

--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****.