Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT slightly surprised

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
Try and keep up. We've had secret ballots for such things in the UK for
some 25 years. Perhaps one day your country will catch up. I'm sure you'll
take longer.

Yes we have those things even though trade unions still don't want them!

For the reason they give extra unnecessary work to the volunteers who run
a union at grass roots level.

What annoyed the government is that secret ballots didn't give the results
the likes of you passionately believed they would. The types who believed
all industrial action was caused by a few activists which the rest
following like sheep.

Rubbish, why do you think there are less strikes now?
If there is a real grievance than secret ballots just make the unions
job easier as they can actually show that there is support from members.

Its a shame that some unions think that if they have a ballot and then
have a series of one day strikes spread out over the year(s) that they
don't need to re-ballot the members.